Week 1 is a short week for the Ban but since I got paid this week there is always the chance that something significant can happen.
Shopping Ban Spending Report – Week 1
October 30 – November 3
October 30 – Zero Dollars Spent
October 31 – Kroger $129.50 total spent
- Food – $91.53 Justification – I stuck completely to my list. everything was bought either on sale, I had a coupon, or both. Was also able to stock up on a couple of things. Nick and I take turns buying groceries for the house.
- Cat Food/Cat Litter – $37.97 Justification – Kroger had a deal where you get $15 off $45 or more. These items from Chewy.com where I usually get my animal supplies would have cost me $48.17 – I saved $10.20! Extra litter won’t go bad and it is actually good to keep some in the car in the winter since it can melt ice.
November 1 – Wal-Mart $110.08 total spent
- Food/Pantry Items – $35.54 Justification – had to get ziploc baggies in all sizes since running low. I would love to eventually be more sustainable and not use so many plastic baggies but I am just not there yet. One thing at a time.
- Stuff for Nick – $22.47 Justification – He needed some items as well. We trade off who pays for what. He paid for us to go to the movies Saturday night which came to around the same total.
- Gardening Supplies – $9.42 Justification – I got some indoor potting mix and some teal Hefty Solo cups to use to grow some of the indoor plant starts that I am currently propagating. This is a cheaper route than individual pots for every plant that I propagate. Gardening supplies are approved.
- Ice Melt – $19.86 Justification – Because it snowed 4 inches on Halloween…
- Toiletry Items – $12.76 Justification – While cleaning out my bathroom the other day I discovered I was running low on a few essentials. I picked them up at Wal-Mart. What I got: Nail Polish Remover, Tampons, Ponytail Holders, Tide to Go Pen, Dove Body Bar (recommendation from my sister-in-law to try), Face scrub and toothbrush holder. I will update my bathroom inventory accordingly.
- Severe Headache Meds – $4.00 Justification – Last weekend I got my first ever migraine. It was horrific. My mom gave me these the day after and they made things feel better. Now I keep them on hand just in case another one starts to come on.
- Multi Tool – $4.87 Justification – one of my projects is assembling various “kits” to help me be a little more prepared. This tool has a LOT of different tools all in one and Nick uses it at work currently and recommended it. It is now a part of my car kit.
November 2 – Zero Dollars Spent
Accomplishments/Milestones This Week:
- Nick and I paid off our first debt since pooling our resources to achieve a debt free lifestyle! 1 down, 4 to go. Feels so good to finally start seeing our scrimping pay off. Now that I’m scrimping and saving even more we should be debt free by the end of 2020 – hopefully sooner!!
- I was able to say NO to myself to more dog toys. I was going to get Comet a toy when we were at Petco for his therapy visit but I reminded myself that I need to pull out the sofa and get all of the toys that are currently buried under it. It will be like the toys are new all over again!
- I know I’m only 4 days in but half of those days I didn’t spend ANY money! I’m hoping that more often than not, my days will be spend free now. 🙂
Thanks for tuning in this week! Time to tackle my first FULL week of the shopping ban. I’m feeling confident so far.